STATEMENT OF FAITH
Preface: The body of Messiah contains over 42,000 different denominations. Each denomination has its own Statement of Faith. The Issue for us, as a ministry and a fellowship is not what’s on paper, but what comes from our lives. Statements of Faith are foundational statements so visitors can feel comfortable in their initial assessment of the fellowship. I say this knowing that the majority of lay people do not know their Statement of Faith and secondly, if we are honest, they do not live it in the eyes of their community. It’s similar to having the “Ten Commandments” on the courthouse lawn. They are true statements, but most in the congregation don’t live them or even know what they are?
Nonetheless, a Statement of Faith does have great value if appropriately applied in the lives of the fellowship.
1. We do not hold to one translation of the Scriptures as being 100% authoritative. But we do believe that the original Hebrew and Greek are authoritative and reliable to guide our lives in the power of God (II Timothy 3:15,16; Mark 12:24; Luke 24:42; Acts 17:11; Romans 15:4; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4).
2. We believe there is One True God! He manifests Himself throughout Scripture in at least 3 different ways. The Father Who is Spirit. The Word Who became flesh (Yeshua) and the Ruach HaKodesh, the Set Apart Spirit who dwells in us by the Power of God andThe work of Word through faith (Genesis 1:2; 41:38; John 4:24; John 1:14; John 14:16,26).
3. We believe in the Deity of Christ (John 1:1,14), that He is the image of the Invisible God manifest here on earth (John 1:14; Col.1:15-18; 1 Tim. 1:17), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:21-23), His sinless life (John 1:29; Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles that validate Him as the Messiah (Isaiah 35:1-10), His 3-fold ministry as Good, Great and Chief Shepherd (John 10:10; Hebrews 13:20; Psalm 80:1; 1 Peter 5:4), The accomplished work of Atonement through His death and all that it pertains to (John 18:36-38; I Corinthians 15:1-3; Ephesians 2:12-18; Hebrews 2:9; Jeremiah 31), The purpose of His resurrection (Romans 10:9,10; 1 Pet. 1:3-5; John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4), The purpose of His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Hebrews 4:14-16; 7:25), and the purposeful establishment of His physical kingdom in power and glory at His return (Zechariah 12:10; 14:3-21; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe there is no other name among men whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12) and that salvation through Yeshua has been the same from the beginning, by God’s grace through faith (Eph. 2:8,9). One must be born from above if He is going to see the Kingdom and He must be born of water and of spirit if He is to enter the kingdom (John 3).
5. All Judgment has been placed into the hands of Yeshua Messiah (John 5:22) and we will all give an account for our lives before Him One Day (Daniel 12:2,3; 2 Corinthians 5:9-11; Matthew 25:31-46)
6. We believe there is One Body made up of many individuals each portraying the realities of the Messiah in their Spiritual gifts (Eph. 4; Exodus 12:49-51; Romans 12:4,5; Eph. 4:4; Colossians 3:15).
7. We believe that this relationship to the God of all creation, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Gen. 26:24; Exodus 3:6; Acts 3:13; 7:32) is a journey of faith (Romans 10:17), from faith to faith and those who have been justified will live by faith (Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:16,17), which is according to every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God, the Scriptures (Matthew 4:4; Romans 10:17).
8. We believe that all 66 Books and letters of the Bible are still valid today for godly living, trusting completely Yeshua’s Words ‘that not one jot or tittle will pass from the Torah until everything is fully realized.’ Since, there are still hundreds of Torah prophecies that have not been fulfilled, we practice as much of the Torah as is possible, especially in Spirit (e.g. Keeping Sabbath, Keeping the Appointed Times (Moedim), Eating clean).
8.1 Keeping the Torah instructions is not what saves/delivers an individual into the Yahweh’s family! Being saved into His family leads one to keep His Torah/instructions, which promotes love (Lev. 19:18, 34; Gal. 5:14; Matt. 7:12; 22:38-40; Rom. 13:8-10; James 2:8-11) and life (Prov. 12:28; Jer. 2:12,13; Josh. 24:15-22; Jer. 32:39; Deut. 32:46,47; Prov. 3:1,2; Rom. 8:3,4; 10:5,6 (Lev. 18:5) Lk. 10:27,28; Acts 5:20; Rev. 22:14; etc) and blessing (Deut. 28; Lev. 26).
8.2 Since much of the Torah cannot be carried out today, i.e. sacrifices and the priesthood, we are to live out the Spirit behind why they are given. Hence, we do not shy away from studying them diligently to know the very reasons, why they were given to Yahweh’s people in the first place. Knowing the reason behind the action sets the heart in motion! If the heart is in love with Him and His Ways, then love will flow from our hearts towards one another and the fruit of following Yeshua as disciples will be evident (Isa. 8:16; John 8:31; 13:35; 15:8).
8.2 We believe that no one has the corner on the market when it comes to understanding Scripture (1 Cor. 13:9,12). Therefore, everyone in our group is encouraged to study from multiple sources, not just local leaders. Knowing more does not make one superior. It actually makes one more accountable to serving at a higher standard. We believe, as Yeshua said, the greatest among you will become the servant of all (Matt. 13:32; 18:4; 5:19).
9. We believe in the physical, tangible, return of the Messiah, where He will establish His throne in Jerusalem (There are over 300 references regarding this topic in Scripture). Those who are found faithful will be rewarded and granted the privilege to share in His throne (Matt. 25:14-31; Rev. 3:21). We believe this will take place at the end of the Tribulation period and His reign of restoration will last 1,000 years (Rev. 20:2-4). Fortunately, His Kingdom will never end (Luke 1:31-33)!!!
10. We believe in evangelizing those who don’t know The One True Elohim (Psa. 98:2,3; Isa. 49:6; 52:10; Lk. 24:47; Acts 1:8; 13:47; etc), the God of Abraham, The God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob (Gen. 26:24; Matt. 22:32; Acts 3:13; 7:32) and fulfilling the Great Commission to make disciples teaching them to observe all things that He has commanded until the end of the age (Matt. 28:18-20).
Finally, let us say that all the Scripture references in the world don’t make an assembly godly. It’s living the Scriptures (Deut. 6:23-25; 1 John 3:7). Being a doer of the Word (James 2:14-22). We believe that loving and living the Word to those around you and modeling for them, He, Who is the Way, the Truth and the Life is the key to modeling His life to the world and testifying we belong to Him. One Day, we will all give an account on how we lived towards Him and One another (Gen. 18:25; Psa. 7:8; 9:7,8; 50:3-6; 96:10-13; Eccl. 11:9; 12:14; Eze. 18:30; Matt. 25:31-46; Acts 10:42; 17:31; Rom. 14:10-12; 2 Cor. 5:10; etc). And nothing done in the flesh will profit. Only that which is done through the indwelling Spirit.